|Description||On kill: Killing enemies spawn a ghost of the killed enemy with 70% health and 50% damage for 15 seconds|
|Stacking||Increases ghost damage and durability|
|Pickup Text||Killing an enemy summons a ghost.|
The Happiest Mask is a rare support item in Risk of Rain. On killing an enemy, killing enemies spawn a ghost of the killed enemy with 70% health and 50% damage for 15 seconds and deals explosive damage.
- Ghosts created by this item will drop bombs on death when using the Artifact of Spite. Although indistinguishable from the "normal" bombs, the ghost bombs will NOT hurt any players, but hurt enemies instead.
- Jar of Souls seem to detect the ghosts of Happiest Mask as another enemy, creating yet another ghost.
- This may be a reference to The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask, where there is a character named "The Happy Mask Salesman", who sells masks with special powers to you.
- The sprite and shipping date is also reminiscent of Guy Fawkes masks. Guy Fawkes was part of the Gunpowder Plot (popularized by the graphic novel/movie "V for Vendetta"), which was to take place on the 5th of November of 1605 (written 5/11/1605 in British notation of dates). These masks have also been used by anarchist groups such as Anonymous (who numbers themselves as "many"), thus the reason for the effect.
- Tesla Coil seems to damage the ghosts, being a negative effect when you have this item.
- In coop-multiplayer, if different players have individual masks, more ghosts spawn per kill
- Ghosts spawned by this item will be healed along with other enemies by green elites.
The ghosts spawned by this mask (along with Jar of Souls) can cause extreme fps drop. It is best not to stack these items for the current versions (1.2.9 latest) until fixed, because even on a high-end computer fps drop can be observed.