|Description||All your attacks charge the generator. At full power, fire a laser for 2000% damage.|
|Stacking||Increases charge amount per ability use.|
|CHEF: Have 20 cleavers in the air simultaneously.|
|Pickup Text||Using skills charges up to a huge laser blast.|
The Laser Turbine is a rare offensive item in Risk of Rain and deals explosive damage.
It automatically flashes a screen wide horizontal laser beam when fully charged by attacks, damaging all enemies that are on the same level as the player. The beam is not stopped by walls.
The higher one's attack speed, the more attacks are required to charge the laser. This definitely includes permanent item effects (such as the Soldier's Syringe), but may or may not include temporary effects (such as Predatory Instincts or drops from Filial Imprintings). Furthermore, while it is possible to acquire enough Laser Turbines to fire after every attack at a given attack speed, the laser will not fire unless it has been more than ~0.6 seconds since it last fired.
The beam can be used to activate terrain interactive objects, such as buttons, cracked stone in the Artifact of Spite variant of Sky Meadow, and levers on Magma Barracks Artifact of Sacrifice version.
This item was added in the v1.2 Patch.
Tracking Number: 772▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪
: All your attacks charge the generator. At full power, fire a laser for 2000% damage.
: High Priority/Fragile
: Replacement laser turbine for the photon power plant. The thing is deceptively small, but it holds immense power. Keep it away from all electromagnetic sources; it will charge from the field, and if the capacitor becomes overloaded, it WILL discharge.
For questions and complaints, please contact our customer service.
- To unlock this item use one of these methods (see CHEF#Tips for more information):
- Get the Shattered Mirror to create a shadow partner, then activate Second Helping and hold Dice.
- Use the Gigantic Amethyst to reset the cooldown of Second Helping to use it twice, then hold Dice.
- Use the Ancient Scepter's boost to the CHEF's Second Helping skill, and hold Dice.
- Get enough critical strike chances and a Wicked Ring.
- On the Achievements screen, this item is listed as the "Gauss Laser," which is the name of the optional weapon you can use against the final boss in the final stage.