|Risk of Rain OST|
|Risk of Rain OST Album Cover|
|Released||04 September 2013|
The Risk of Rain OST was composed by Chris Christodoulou and consists of 17 instrumental pieces, 16 of which can be experienced within the game. The pieces (made loop-able within the game) feature progressive, experimental, acoustic, electronic, and rock elements mixed with 8-bit sounds and lo-fi saturation. You can buy the entire OST here.
Risk of Rain
Tropic of Capricorn
Tropic of Cancer
Double Fucking Rainbow
- The 9th track, "Intermission", is literally an intermission with the words "End of part one" embedded in its frequency spectrum.
- All titles refer to rain and/or water in terms of physics, meteorology, geography, art, and pop culture. For instance:
- "Chanson d'Automne.." is a reference to a French poems about Fall (the season).
- "Double Fucking Rainbow" is referencing a viral video in which a man gets too excited about the sighting of a real double rainbow in the sky.
- "25.3oN 91.7oE" is the latitude and longitude of Cherrapunji, a town in India known to receive more rainfall than any other place.