Shoot an enemy for 250% damage. Reactivate the ability to reload your weapon, granting bonus damage if timed correctly.
Carefully take aim, increasing the damage the longer the button is held down. On release, fire a bullet for up to 2000% damage.
Backflip a large distance. You cannot be hit while rolling.
Send your Spotter out to analyze the most dangerous enemy, increasing critical strike chance against it by 100%.
Send your Spotter out to analyze the most dangerous enemy, slowing and increasing critical strike chance against it by 100%.
Call your Spotter back.
- Don't forget to use Spotter: SCAN, as the amount of bonus damage you get from the guaranteed critical strikes can save your life.
- As long as there's a lot of running space, Sniper can handle crowds just as well as (if not better than) other characters. Simply run away from the crowd to create distance and hit them with a Steady Aim charged as much as possible before enemies close in. A great tactic for this is to turn around sharply when you're ready to fire, and then perform a backflip with Military Training for added distance before you start charging.
- With Rusty Jetpack, Photon Jetpack, and Soldier's Syringe, a experienced player can not only perform a "skip" when landing from a elevated position using Military Training, but also hold oneself in the air while charging a fairly powerful Steady Aim, effectively singling out a towering boss with a higher hitbox, or safely dipping into a mob for a quick hit and run attack.
- Sniper has high base damage (15 instead of 12, 4 growth instead of 3), making offensive drones and certain items more powerful than they would be for other characters.
- With practice, you can Snipe, then jump and perfect reload just in time to Snipe again when you land. With attack speed increases, you can fire in the air without needing to land.
- When reloading the gun, you want to stop the bar in the white area for a "perfect" reload. The white area is close to where the bar starts off, so if you practice your reloads you can eventually get to where you make a perfect reload almost immediately after every shot. It's a skill worth learning.
- Attack speed bonuses increases the speed of the bar, which can take some time getting used to.
- You can't move while reloading. However, you don't lose your momentum, so reload while jumping to keep moving.
- Activating Steady Aim stops your horizontal momentum.
- Prioritize Steady Aim over Snipe. Only use Snipe while kiting enemies in-between Steady Aims.
- Steady Aim will pierce through enemies, but each subsequent enemy takes half the damage of the previous one (min 1).
- Perfect reloads affect this ability as well, granting a great damage bonus for a fully charged, perfect reloaded Steady Aim.
- If you crit an enemy with Steady Aim, all piercing damage after that will be crits as well. This synergizes with Spotter: SCAN, allowing you to critically hit all enemies. This also synergizes extremely well with the The Ol' Lopper and Harvester's Scythe, as striking a low-health target will always deal crits to all other enemies struck after them, meaning large heals from the Scythe. When going for this effect, the Lens-Maker's Glasses is an excellent choice as well as the Wicked Ring.
- Attack speed bonuses increase the charge speed. However, the damage dealt seems to scale on the length of time the button is held, not the fullness of the bar (similar to Miner's Drill Charge). Consequently, the maximum effectiveness of Steady Aim diminishes as attack speed increases (since the skill automatically fires after a set time).
- Hold the button for Steady Aim while waiting for it to cool down, and it will start charging as soon as possible. This is useful when shooting off Snipes during Steady Aim cooldown.
- Distance increases with movement speed.
- Can prevent fall damage.
- Can extend the range of it by jumping before or during. Also, extend the range of any jump by turning around for a backflip mid-jump.
- You cannot climb a ladder/rope until the animation ends, so make sure to not overshoot when performing Robin-like acrobatics off ledges.
- You can activate this while charging Steady Aim (and climbing ropes/ladders).
- The best use item for the Sniper is anything that can attack enemies without requiring aim, such as Jar of Souls, Glowing Meteorite, Nematocyst Nozzle, or even the Disposable Missile Launcher (but NOT the Sawmerang). This is because Sniper's only true fault is an inability to fight effectively against large crowds in tight spaces, so having an item that can kill from a safe location the sniper can't shoot from is practically a necessity. Getting a Drone or two with Arms Race is also a good way to keep up some DPS while repositioning.
- Due to the Sniper's high damage and low attack speed, on-kill items such as Gasoline and Will-o'-the-wisp are more effective than chance-on-hit items such as Rusty Knife and Ukulele.
- Heaven Cracker is an item that helps immensely with crowd-control for the Sniper, since their basic attack, Snipe, does 250% damage.
- Old Box works especially well with the Sniper since it tends to put a decent amount of distance between enemies and the Sniper when large crowds of enemies start to swarm him.
- Crowbar dramatically improves the effectiveness of Steady Aim against undamaged enemies, and is among the best items for the Sniper for one-hit kills. Since Heaven Cracker applies on-hit effects, it can be extremely effective with the Crowbar
- Items that reduce the Cooldown of abilities are especially useful to the Sniper, for their Spotter: SCAN and Steady Aim abilities. Alien Head is an item that works very well simply because of the reduction of their Cooldown. The Wicked Ring's effect when paired with Spotter: SCAN helps to drastically reduce Cooldown since Cooldown is reduced by one for every critical hit, and Spotter: SCAN gives a 100% chance to hit a critical.
- This character's abilities are similar to gameplay mechanics in the game "Gears of War". The Sniper's reload is like the "Active Reload" from Gears of War, and players can also perform backflips to avoid danger like the Sniper.
- When it refers to they It's talking about the spotter and the sniper.