Not a roguelikeEdit
"Risk of Rain is a tough as nails rogue-like action platformer."
This is wrong, roguelikes are strictly turn based.
- This is wrong, roguelike is purely that apon death you have to restart from the beginning. Turnbased or realtime it is the same.
- 1. If you would have read the source material that I put in my original post you wouldn't need to tell me such a thing.
- 2. You are the one at fault since this text states that:
- The combat system is turn-based instead of real-time. Gameplay is usually step-based, where player actions are performed serially and take a variable measure of in-game time to complete. Game processes (e.g., monster movement and interaction, progressive effects such as poisoning or starvation) advance based on the passage of time dictated by these actions.
3. Please sign your post in the future and use proper formatting.
- I'd just like to point out that the official game description from Hoppo games calls Risk of Rain a game with "rougelike elements", not a Rouge-like game. It's on the kickstarter: